The Department of Mathematics at Aarhus University seeks candidates, characterized by excellence and vision in their research, for a Professor position in Stochastics.
Aarhus University is an international top 100 University with its campus located centrally within the coastal city of Aarhus, Denmark. The position is available from 1 February 2022.
The successful candidate should have:
- A sterling and established international record of independent and collaborative research.
- Status as a research leader within her/his field.
- An established record in attracting funding for research projects.
- An established and excellent record in teaching at all levels within the fields covered by the Stochastics group, ranging from undergraduate teaching to supervising PhD students.
- The potential to help the department meet its strategic goals.
What the Department of Mathematics, the city of Aarhus as well as Denmark can offer the successful candidate:
- A typical teaching load of 4-5 hours of lectures per week during the semester, plus project supervision.
- Administrative support and professional guidance for submitting grant applications.
- A positive and international work environment with a flat hierarchy.
- Subsidized preschool child care and a free education system from primary school up to university level.
- Universal health insurance as a resident of Denmark, including family members officially residing in Denmark.
- Five weeks paid holiday per year.
- In connection with child birth: the right to have a total of 52 weeks shared maternal/paternal leave with full or partial salary pay.
For more information on the position please visit