Employed full time (4 years). The position comes with light teaching duties.
Possible areas for the research project are:
– high-dimensional dependence models,
– nonparametric statistics and machine learning,
– functional data analysis.
The optimal candidate has
– a strong background in mathematics,
– a creative and curious mind,
– excellent English communication and writing skills,
– programming experience in R or Python.
Leiden University hosts a large group for Statistical Science with world-class researchers in both theoretical and applied statistics. The student will become part of a vibrant research environment with numerous cross-disciplinary seminars and reading groups.
For more details, see:
Applicants are encouraged to send their applications as early as possible; the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are especially welcome.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a CV, transcripts, and (optionally) a completed thesis or paper to email@example.com.