The Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology is a relatively new national research hospital that focuses on treatment, research and education related to childhood cancer.
The institute’s ambition is to provide children with cancer with the best treatment with the highest cure rate and least side effects of the (often complex) cancer treatment. The center brings together the best possible care and scientific research, creating a unique interdisciplinary institute for pediatric oncology in Europe.
In the Trial and Data Center (TDC), national and international phase I-IV studies are developed and supported by a multidisciplinary team of data managers, trial managers, statisticians, research nurses and members of the medical staff. The portfolio includes both investigator-initiated research and pharmaceutical industry-initiated research. The TDC collaborates with a large number of international consortia, including, for example, the Innovative Therapies for Children with Cancer (ITCC) Consortium.
As a (bio)statistician, you will be primarily responsible for the design of clinical studies, drafting statistical analysis sections of protocols, writing statistical analysis plans, conducting analyses and reporting study results, including co-writing manuscripts. In addition, you will provide statistical advice to health professionals and researchers and provide statistical support to various medically related studies. You will be part of a team of statisticians (4) with different backgrounds and expertise.
– MSc or PhD in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, econometrics or related discipline or equivalent qualification;
– Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate statistical problems to non-statisticians;
– Experience as a statistician in clinical trials is an advantage;
– Excellent attention to detail and commitment to quality;
– Organizational skills to work toward and meet deadlines;
– Strong knowledge of statistical tools such as SAS and R; experience with LaTeX is an advantage;
– Knowledge of relevant standards (CDISC, SDTM and ADaM) and regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH, FDA and CHMP) is an advantage;
– Excellent English in word and writing;
Your career opportunities and terms of employment
We offer an inspiring and interactive research environment, state-of-the-art facilities and possibilities for personal development and training in statistics, oncology and clinical trials. The gross salary will be according scale FWG 60 of the collective labor agreement for Dutch hospitals (CAO Ziekenhuizen) and can range between EUR 3.322 and EUR 4.798 per month depending on education and previous experience.
For further information please contact:
Harm van Tinteren,
Director Trial and Data Center
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.