The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Institute of Psychology, the Methodology and Statistics unit has a vacancy for a position as an Assistant Professor Methodology & Statistics (1,00 FTE) .
• You will contribute to the teaching program of the Methodology and Statistics unit at both the Bachelor and Master level, and will supervise students at different stages of education;
• Your research should be relevant to Statistics for Psychology, and should ideally focus on one of the following topics: 1) Statistical Learning; 2) Statistical methods for (F)MRI Analysis; or 3) Applied Psychometrics;
• You are able to program software in R, Python, C++ or similar languages and have experience using statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, or STATA;
• You will act as a statistical consultant for members of the Institute of Psychology and the Leiden University graduate school of Social and Behavioural Sciences;
• You will be expected to apply for research grants from Dutch and European funding agencies;
• You contribute to the organization (and administration) at the level of the unit and the institute.
The distribution of education vs. research is 60%-40% (but 80%-20% is possible on request).
• A PhD in a topic relevant to Statistics for Behavioural Sciences or Psychometrics as well as an excellent research and teaching background;
• You are able to supervise and conduct independent empirical research and successful in acquiring external grants;
• You have experience and affinity with teaching at the academic level;
• Both Dutch and English language proficiency (or the intention to obtain these) is required.
To read the full job description and apply visit the website.
Inquiries may be addressed to:
Dr. Elise Dusseldorp, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Wouter Weeda, email email@example.com.