Please note the Postgraduate Methodology & Statistics Courses we offer in spring and summer 2019 at Utrecht University.
To see the full information, download pdf here
1. Mplus: How to get started? a compact 1-day workshop on using Mplus, how to get the syntax running, how to interpret the output and what to do with error messages. April 2019.
2. Applied Bayesian Statistics; a 4-day course on the basics of Bayesian statistics, offering hands-on experience with OpenBUGS or R and JAGS. 15 April 2019-18 April 2019
1. Hypothesis Evaluation: p-values, Bayes factor, and information criteria; an applied 4-days course on evaluating theory-based hypotheses (via p-values, Bayes factors and information criteria) offering hands-on experience with R. 08 July 2019 – 11 July 2019.
2. Introduction to multilevel analysis; a 3-day course on the basics of multilevel modelling, offering hands-on experience with HLM. 10 July – 12 July, 2019.
3. Advanced Multilevel Analysis; a 3-day course on advanced topics in multilevel modelling. 15 July – 17 July, 2019.
4. Qualitative Research Catalogue: An Overview of Three Methods; a 3-day course on the fundamentals of three qualitative research methods – Case study research, Grounded theory, and Ethnography. 15 July – 17 July, 2019.
5. Introduction to Structural Equation Modelling using Mplus; a 5-day course providing the basics of SEM and hands-on experience with Mplus. 08 July 2019 – 12 July 2019.
6. Advanced course on using Mplus; a 5-day course for the more experienced Mplus user with a special focus on longitudinal modeling.
15 July 2019 – 19 July 2019.
7. Data Science: Statistical programming with R; a 5-day beginners course in doing statistical analyses with R. 15 July 2019 – 19 July 2019.
8. Data Science: Multiple imputation in practice; a 4-day course on how to appropriately handle missing data using a modern and flexible imputation technique. 22 July 2019 – 25 July 2019.
9. Data Science: Data analysis and visualization; a 5-day course offering hands-on experience with applying data analysis and visualization techniques, both venerable and novel, using R. 29 July 2019 – 02 August 2019.
10. Applied multivariate analysis; a 10-day course offering hands-on experience with SPSS for the most frequently encountered multivariate statistical techniques. 12 August 2019 – 23 August 2019.
11. Modeling the dynamics of intensive longitudinal data; A 5-day course on diverse statistical techniques and their theoretical foundations for the study of dynamics in intensive longitudinal data. 19 August – 23 August, 2019
12. Survey research: Design, implementation, and data processing (in collaboration with CBS); a 5-day course covering the essentials of survey methodology and analysis. 19 August – 23 August, 2019
13. Survey research: Statistical analysis and estimation (in collaboration with CBS); a 5-day in-depth course on total survey error (i.e., coverage, sampling, nonresponse, and measurement error) 26 August 2019 – 30 August 2019.
14. A Gentle Introduction to Bayesian Statistics; a 5-day course gently introducing Bayesian estimation for linear regression analysis, factor analysis, mediation analysis, and longitudinal growth models. 26 August 2019 – 30 August 2019.
15. Advanced Survey Design; a 4-day course. This course will discuss the state of the art in both the design of surveys, and the analysis of survey data. We explicitly discuss new ways to analyse text data and sensor data generated by modern surveys. 02 September 2019 – 05 September 2019.
Here you can find information about these and other postgraduate courses we offer.
If you have any questions, please send an email to: MS.Post.Graduate.Education@uu.nl