On January 18, 2023, the LNMB and NGB are organizing a one-day seminar on “Fairness in Machine Learning and Operations Research”. The seminar will be held at Conference center Kontakt der Kontinenten in Soesterberg.
You can register for the seminar here.
The following speakers will give a talk at our seminar. The full programme can be found here.
- Thomas Breugem (Tilburg University)
- Title: How OR can help understand fairness trade-offs in complex practical problems
- Rogier Emmen (ORTEC)
- Title: An overview of fairness in machine learning, and insights from insurance practice
- Benoit Rottembourg (INRIA)
- Title: How black box audit can help mitigate biases and disloyalties in customer facing AI algorithms
- Marjan Sjerps (University of Amsterdam & Netherlands Forensic Institute)
- Title: The contribution of forensic statistics to a fair justice system
- Vincent Warmerdam (Explosion)
- Title: Ouch and optimal algorithms