Conference Center “De Werelt”, in Lunteren, on Wednesday January 15, 2020
After the very successful seminars “Is Data Science a game changer for Operations Research?” (2018) and “Deep Learning and its impact on Operations Research” (2019), the 2020 seminar will focus on the interaction between optimization and machine learning.
Several experts will address questions such as:
- What is the role of optimization in machine learning?
- How can optimization benefit from machine learning?
- What is the potential impact of automated algorithm design methods?
- What is the role of optimization in improving the robustness of machine learning systems?
- Can machine learning be used to estimate the optimal value of complex real-life optimization problems?
The speakers of the seminar are:
- Marleen Balvert (Tilburg University)
- Taylan Cemgil (Deep Mind UK)
- Martina Fischetti (Vattenfall BA Wind)
- Tristan van Leeuwen (Utrecht University)
- Holger Hoos (Leiden University)
- Andrea Lodi (Polytechnique Montreal)
For more information and registration, see the LNMB website.