Please note the Postgraduate Methodology & Statistics Courses offered in spring and summer at Utrecht University.
Here, you can subscribe for the postgraduate courses enumerated below.
If you have any questions, please send an email to: MS.Post.Graduate.Education@uu.nl
Methodology & Statistics Summer School Courses 2021 at the UU
1. A Gentle Introduction to Bayesian Statistics; a 5-day course introducing Bayesian estimation outlining the WAMBS-checklist, approximate measurement invariance, and Bayes Factors. This course also addresses (Bayesian) model selection and how to aggregate the support for a hypothesis of interest (in contrast to averaging estimates in meta-analysis)
23 August 2021 – 27 August 2021. (course code: S18)
2. Introduction to multilevel analysis; a 3-day course on the basics of multilevel modelling, offering hands-on experience with HLM.
07 July – 9 July, 2021. (course code: S14)
3. Advanced Multilevel Analysis; a 3-day course on advanced topics in multilevel modelling.
12 July – 14 July, 2021. (Course code: S05)
4. Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling using Mplus ; a 5-day course providing the basics of SEM and hands-on experience with Mplus.
5 July – 9 July 2021. (course code: S20)
5. Advanced course on using Mplus; a 5-day course for the more experienced Mplus user with a special focus on longitudinal modeling.
12 July – 16 July 2021. (course code: S23)
6. Data Science: Statistical programming with R; a 5-day beginners course in doing statistical analyses with R.
5 July – 9 July 2021. (course code: S24)
7. Data Science: Multiple imputation in practice; a 4-day course on how to appropriately handle missing data using a modern and flexible imputation technique.
12 July – 15 July 2021. (course code: S28)
8. Data Science: Data analysis; a 5-day course offering hands-on experience with applying data analysis and visualization techniques, both venerable and novel, using R.
19 July – 23 July 2021. (course code: S31)
9. Data Science: Introduction to Text Mining with R; a 3-days course. The course teaches the necessary skills to understand how basic text mining techniques work, and how to use R for a variety of text analysis in many domains of science.
12- 14 july 2021 (course code:S41 )
10. Data Science: Applied Text Mining; a 4-days course. The course teaches the basic and advanced text mining techniques using Python on a variety of applications in many domains of science.
26 – 27 july 2021 (course code: S42)
11. Applied multivariate analysis; a 10-day course offering hands-on experience with SPSS for the most frequently encountered multivariate statistical techniques.
16 August – 28 August 2021. (course code: S04)
12. Modeling the dynamics of intensive longitudinal data; a 4-day course on diverse statistical techniques and their theoretical foundations for the study of dynamics in intensive longitudinal data.
16 August – 20 August, 2021 (course code: S36)
13. Survey research: Design, implementation, and data processing; a 5-day course covering the essentials of survey methodology and analysis.
16 August – 20 August, 2021 (course code: S15)
14. Survey research: Statistical analysis and estimation; a 5-day in-depth course on total survey error (i.e., coverage, sampling, nonresponse, and measurement error).
23 August – 27 August 2021. (course code: S16)
15. Advanced Survey Design; a 5-day course. This course will discuss the state of the art in both the design of surveys, and the analysis of survey data. We explicitly discuss new ways to analyse text data and sensor data generated by modern surveys.
31 August – 04 September 2021. (course code S11)
Mplus: How to get started? a compact 1-day workshop on using Mplus, how to get the syntax running, how to interpret the output and what to do with error messages.
19 April, 2021. (course code: S29)